I have been writing down my favorite travel quotes for over a year now, and I have chosen my top 12 to share with you all.
Carefully give all of these a read, and let each message sink in to your brain. These are the reasons why I will never stop traveling!
1. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” – Mohammed
2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
3. “The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton
4. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu
5. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
6. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” – James Michener
7. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
8. “I met a lot of people in Europe. I even encountered myself.” –James Baldwin
9. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends… The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
10. “People don’t take trips . . . trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
11. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aristotle
12. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
What is your favorite travel quote?