I just finished an amazing cruise around Ha Long Bay, Vietnam, and I’m here to tell you that this place definitely lives up to its expectations.
Yes, as you may have heard, the Bay is overloaded with tourists. But you know what? The tourists come for a reason — and that is because nothing on earth can compare to the beauty of Ha Long Bay. You must check it out when you visit Hanoi!
The staff at Viet Vision Travel is very friendly and they are efficient to work with. Viet Vision Travel not only offers services to Ha Long Bay, but they can also plan some amazing package deals around Vietnam for a very good price! Please tell them that Drew sent you when you contact them 🙂
The only way to visit Ha Long Bay is on an overnight cruise. It would be pointless to go for a few hours and then go back to your hotel.
There are 2 options that you can choose from for a cruise tour. You can either take a cheap booze cruise and party with a bunch of travelers, or you can take a nice boat and fully enjoy the beautiful scenery around you. I decided to do the second option, and I’m glad I did!
My cruise to Ha Long Bay was 1 night and 2 days. The name of the boat was called La Fairy and it was a 4-star luxury boat. The capacity on the boat is about 20 people, equipped with nice rooms, a deck on the rooftop and a spacious cabin area. There are about 8 staff members that will be working on board (including a chef, bartender and tour guide) and they are all very friendly. This was one of the reasons why I loved it so much!
My overall experience on this trip went above and beyond everything I could have asked for. The food was spectacular, the views were stunning and the people were kind and welcoming.
Here is a basic timeline of the whole trip:
– at 8AM, you’ll get picked up in a van at your hotel
– you’ll drive 4 hours to Ha Long Bay, sharing a ride with a group of people who will be on your boat
– Arrive in Ha Long and meet you your guide and the boat staff
– Get on the boat and start cruising around the bay
– Have lunch on the ship (so much delicious local food that is freshly prepared by the chef)
– Stop at a cave and get some nice views from the top of a mountain island
– Watch the sunset on the rooftop of the boat with snacks and drinks
– Have dinner in another cave (literally sitting down at a table inside a cave)
– go to bed
– Wake up at 7am for breakfast
– Go to a private island with a beach to swim and/or kayak (no other tourists around)
– Have lunch on the boat (buffet style)
– Sail back to where you started from
– Take a bus home and arrive back at your hotel at around 5pm
Here are some more photos of the dining room where we ate out meals, my personal room and the view from my balcony!
Thanks for reading about my trip to Ha Long Bay, and I hope you can have the same experience that I did! Remember to contact Viet Vision Travel to get on this boat, and most importantly HAVE FUN 🙂