Planning a trip to Korea soon? Studying Korean, or just have the urge to learn how to speak Korean?
Get a head start and start learning these Top 10 Korean words right now! I promise you that they’ll come in handy when you’re in the country 😉
If you want to become conversational, then I highly recommend Beeline Langauges — it’s a great online class that’s both affordable and awesome!
1) Hello— 안녕하세요 (ann-yeong-ha-se-yo)
2) Goodbye to a person leaving — 안녕히 가세요 (ann-yeon-hee GAH-se-yo)
3) Goodbye to a person staying — 안녕히 계세요 (ann-yeon-hee GEH-se-yo)
4) Yes— 네 (nay)
5) No— 아니오 (an-nee-yo)
6) Please— 제발 (jeh-bahl) **not very commonly used. Korean’s don’t really say please because their dialect is so polite
7) Thank You— 감사합니다 (kham-sah-ham-nee-da)
8) Do You speak English?— 영어 말 할수있어요 (yeong-oh mal hal-su-ee-soh-yo?)
9) Excuse me/pardon me— 실례합니다 (shill-leh-ham-nee-da)
10) Cheers!— 건배! (geon- beh!)